Thursday, January 20, 2011

State of Our Schools

"Service is the rent we pay for the space that we occupy". I heard this quote from one of my fraternity's former General Presidents, and that I that it sums up our responsibility to give back. Last night, I was honored to present at the Guilford County Schools State of Our Schools. My presentation was about the new Guilford County Parent Academy.

As a father of two, I truly believe that it is up all of us to educate our children. Teachers get paid to do it, but it is the parents' and guardians' responsibility to be involved with education as well.

To learn more about the Parent Academy, please follow this link: http://www.gcsnc.com/parentacademy/index.html

If you need additional ways to get involved, please consider working with Guilford Education Alliance. I am the Board Chairman, and I would love your involvement in our activities. To learn more, please follow this link: http://www.guilfordeducationalliance.org/

Take care and get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment